Search This Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Is Zico leaving Fenerbahce?

Zico, was on UEFA chat room and just a little while a go and he said :
"I think it will be hard for me to stay. Talks so far have not been the best. There are questions about my technical staff and I am a bit sad that the entire situation came up 15 days before the end of my contract. After two seasons there I thought they would have given me a bit more time."

There were speculation in the Turkish press that
Fenerbahce soccer team's coach Zico is heading for a new job with the Portuguese team Benfica.

Portuguese newspaper Record reported that the Portuguese club is now interetsted to enlist Zico after Michael Laudrup did not respo9bnd to an offer by Benfica on time. Record said Zico would have a good impact on Benfica's players as he was known as a "soccer god". It said the Brazilian coach asked to be given until Monday to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment