Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tuncay Sanli, Boro's Player of the Year!


Tuncay Sanli, received "Player of the Year" award at the annual dinner a of the Middlesbrough Official Supporters Club at the Riverside Stadium last night, according to reports from England.

Tuncay Sanli , currently Boro’s joint top scorer, said: “I am happy because it is important that the supporters love me.

“I am here to be a good player and to make the supporters as happy as I possibly can.

“I have been here for two years. All the players have helped me and made it an easy path for me.

“Playing football is my job. I have to do that to the best of my ability.”

The awards night was attended by manager Gareth Southgate and a virtual full first team squad.

The evening arrived with Boro still not knowing which division they will be playing in next season, but Tuncay insisted to the fans that the battle would go on.

He said: “We have to fight as much as we can. We have to forget the past and look at the future. We want to get the club in a position it deserves.

“We still have a chance so we must win the last two games and get the points.”

No comments:

Post a Comment