Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2008

TERIM:" I HAVE CALLED UP, BEST FORMED PLAYERS"

TERIM:" I HAVE CALLED UP, BEST FORMED PLAYERS"

Fatih Terim is under a lot of pressure not calling Mehmet Topuz from Kayserispor and Hakan Sukur from Galatasaray.

I think he made a huge mistake not calling Mehmet Topuz...

He is bright, up coming, versatile player that Turkey should and must have!....

At the press conference in Antalya , Fatih Terim Said "Concerning the non-inclusion of Hakan Sukur and the assigned forward, he stated: "Semih, Nihat, Halil and Mevlüt are in better shape than everyone else. I chose them for this reason. There is no need to explain them one by one. Not just Nihat, Halil, Mevlut and Semih, I would even assign Yıldıray for that position. Semih is the best scorer in Turkey. Nihat is the best in Spain. Halil makes significant contributions to Schalke. Mevlut is a different choice for us." Terim stressed that Servet Çetin and Gökhan Gönül's injuries did not surprise him. "Since the group matches, we have been experiencing difficulties due to injuries. In some matches, all of our 11 players had injuries. Injuries Gönül and Cetin suffered here surprised us. I hope we see no more injuries during the preparations in Germany. I have no doubt that Servet will play in the championship," he noted.

Terim defended his decision on the composition of the squad. "This is our decision. Everyone wants to play for the national team in a European championship. But I listed those players who I think deserve to go," he said.

The coach of the Turkish national team also commented about his enthusiasm in attending a European championship after 12 years. "I always feel the same enthusiasm. I feel it in my bones. In 12 years, many players left the squad, but one thing remained the same. You will go there and be successful. You have to be successful. My enthusiasm and ambition are not at the highest level. If not for these, I would not be here," he said. Terim added that they decided to play against Slovakia, Uruguay and Sweden since their styles are closer to their rivals.


Source:Ahmet Turgut and Turkish wires

1 comment:

  1. Are you interested in change links?

    This is my blog:

    http://unapasionllamadafutbol.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete